Thursday, January 17, 2008

Irresistible Meme

-Day 17. A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. - Leopold Stokowski
.
.
So... Frogster had an interesting meme:

The Band Meme. This what you do. As you'll see, mine came out pretty cool!

1. Click on this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random . The first article title on the page is the name of your band.
2. Click on this link.
http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 . The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.
3. Click on this link.
http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/ . The third picture is your album cover.
4. Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together and you’re done.

My album cover is:



About my music:

It'll bring tears to your eyes and make you wonder why anyone would listen to anything else.

You'll ask me why it took me so long to express myself thru my heavenly voice.

It will be the first thing you listen to every morning as you start your day.

When your coworkers ask you what you're listening to, you'll explain who I am and spread the word about my soothing melodies.

I will be the soundtrack to your life as you're relaxing, unwinding, meditating, in the evenings.

As an added bonus, listening to my voice while you sleep will unite your body, mind and soul. Nirvana.

You can find me in iTunes under this label:

.

.

.

YODELING.

17 comments:

  1. Holy Molly I'm first today.

    I get the prize, maybe it's a free cd, if it's not free i'm all about pirated music.

    SOOOOOO......

    If anyone does get the CD just let me burn it;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My album title would be......

    "It always gets worse"

    And if you heard me sing there would be no dought whatsoever.

    That link was psychic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you were lucky. When I did it I got a picture of a hotel room, and a really naff quote.

    I don't think I'm destined to be a success in Rock and Roll. Or Hip Hop Yodelling for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is cool,
    BAND - ZADRAP ( its a cult )
    Album - Danger of being hurt
    cover- was a rose.

    read about the cult, its kind of intersting I think I'm going to join. Maybe one day you'll see me on the news with my Nikies.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine was Arnhem Land (some kind of reservation for aboriginals in Austrailia)

    Album: Speech you'll ever regret

    photo: a dude surfing


    yeah, I'll never be a rock star

    ReplyDelete
  6. SB:
    A special CD just for you!!
    I love the title!

    Brian:
    You could have made it work, it might be a good post!

    Dan:
    You. Are. Weird.

    jean knee:
    I WOULD BUY YOUR CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly wait till John Tesh starts playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine was
    Band Name: Irstead (village in England)
    Album: Nothing Stays the same
    The picture was a long dark hallway. I like this game!‡o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be your band's costume designer. Like Elton John's 'Tiny Dancer' "A Seamstress For The Band"

    Anyway, I'm envisioning a hybrid outfit to match your hybrid music. Mexico Meets Germany. That means sombreros with liederhosen! Or maybe Mexican embroidered dresses with you in a nice pointy cap with a red feather stuck in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My oldest and I did a Mad Libs a few months ago that said our perfect band name was 'The Toilet Paper Warriors.' That's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay I did it.

    My band name:Disambiguation
    CD Title:The Product Of Habit
    CD Cover- A Scantily Clad Asian Chick Holding A Computer And Looking Longingly At It

    I'm thinking my group must be one of those obscure trancey techno rave sounds that only kids high on meth and/or speed will listen and dance to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big dad although i make it a rule not to purchase CD's I would not only buy yours I would become a groupie!!!

    Your CD sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of these band name meme things are actually totally awesome.

    Dan, yours sounds like it would be some sort of rock ballad album.

    Jean Knee, yours sounds like an indie cult fave with weird lyrics and surf-rock-ish guitar.

    Big Dad, yours is really cool, especially your picture- makes it sound like it would be some sort of metal band. Maybe like Judas Priest.

    elasticwaistbandlady, yours is really awesome. I think your description is right on. And am I the only one who thinks The Product of Habit is a really cool name? Maybe I'm just weird.

    Okay, I want to try it now. And I want to make a picture of it. Thanks for the awesome idea, I'm curious as to what I'll get.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bee, how could I ever forget yours? Yours looks really cool, your picture is interesting. And your title would probably be better if you could have gotten the whole quote, but it's still interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don Lewis:
    I'm sure he will do my music justice! Him and his big forehead. ;o)

    BD:
    Isn't it fun! I keep doing it over and over but I like the first one I got the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. EWBL:
    I would buy your CD. I would buy and give you love thru my lighter, swaying back and forth. Cumbaya!

    Chris:
    I'm glad you liked it and the one you got is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the YODELING made me laugh out loud.

    Love your album cover...and your graphics on your blog, btw.!

    ReplyDelete

Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies.