Sunday, January 13, 2008

You had me at Red Leopard Print!!


-Day 13. A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.-
Henry Ward Beecher



So...
Hard day.
BUT!!
We showed what we're made of, my wacky siblings, our wacky spouses and I.

After mass, the funeral director gave us the little flags you put on the cars for a funeral procession and you should have seen the guys.
They were so amped to be able to go thru red lights and stop signs! Seriously.
My brother Sergio whispered right away, "You can go thru red lights with these things." to Andy and Dan.
Any hopes to steal one was dashed since the funeral dude took them as soon as we parked at the cemetery. I'm thinking he's had some go missing...
.
On the way to the cemetery, we were sitting in the car, quietly reflecting, when all of a sudden AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" came on... Andy changed the station quickly but the next song was "You Sexy Thing" by Hot Chocolate and we catch "I believe in miracles, where you from, you sexy thing, you sexy thing!" another quick change of station "Dance till you can't dance till you can't dance no more" C+C Music Factory with "Everybody Dance".
.
Andy said that was the strangest soundtrack to a funeral he ever heard. Well, we lost it and had a good laugh.
.
Our car was car number 2 in the funeral procession and Andy started feeling the pressure, helped by Nancy and I of course, because he was afraid if he waited too long to go or hesitated, he could screw up the timing. Should he stop for gas? But he did fine, YAY Andy!
.
After all the emotional-ness, the brothers decided to get something to eat, so our little caravan of 7 people looked for the nearest IHOP. (I know what you're thinking, "IHOP? Why oh why must you go to the food poisoning capital of the world?!" We survived. This time.)
.
We were having a good time, remembering things, teasing each other (We discovered Dan looks--a little tiny bit--like McSteamy, just a little bit, Dan- maybe just the facial hair) when brother Sergio exclaims, "I have an announcement!" The whole restaurant stopped what they were doing, complete silence, waiting for him to say... what?
Is his wife Esmeralda pregnant? What? What???
.
Sergio:
Esmeralda is going back to her natural hair color.
... ... ... ...
Laughter!
Did that merit an announcement? Ummmm... no!
If it was an announcement, was it his to make? No, not really Sergio. No, no.
For some reason that just cracked us up.

.
Leaving the IHOP, the guys spotted EVIL Best Buy, electronics store and women's hell, therefore our caravan moved to there where, to my surprise, they had a rack of awesome laptop carriers and iPod accessories (red and leopard print baby!). Now if they would only take Esmeralda's suggestion and stock it with shoes... we might not want to drill holes in our foreheads while the men look at yet another Mega Dimensional Half Inch Thick TV with super sonic sound.
.
So this is where our day ended, the dudes playing Rock Band and school teacher, Esmeralda, making us play a trivia game (WHICH I WON! IN YOUR FACE!!) (I think I won...??) (Yeah, for the purposes of this post I won!).
Good times. Good memories.

Oh, and some lady was hitting on Andy, in church!!

12 comments:

  1. Hitting on Andy in church:

    Wow! I really should start going ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the whole funeral thing, let's make luv cuz we're still alive thing. You could become the "Funeral Crasher" , write a book about it and then star in the screen version with that actor that tried to off himself.


    Do you have an agent yet, cuz...I'm available

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee,so glad to hear everything went well. Lean's favorite place to eat is IHOP.



    insert large yellow smiley face here. (might as well put some polka dots on it too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do not practice polygamy anymore in my faith but that didn't stop this single mom chick from telling my Papi that she'd like to be his wifey number two.....in front of me! :0

    She was met by my lethal "Ah-No-You-Didn't" laser beam glare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing that breaks a mourning period like the Root-N-Tooty-Fresh-And-Fruity special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you guys have Bob Evans? That was my favorite pancake place when I lived up north.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moly I cried, because i laughed so hard!!!

    I thought for a minute there that I would finally be an aunt.

    Esmeralda's natural hair color will be a surprise I dont remember it anymore!!

    It's great the way you guys come together to overcome a hard day. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so first of all I wanted to say I really liked your Lulu post :) and all the things you learned from her.

    I didn't know they give you little flags so you can run the red lights and stop signs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brian did you want to go to church to get hit on or to hit on Andy...I'm a bit confused?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brian:
    Okay but the church is in the south side of Chicago...

    jean knee:
    I would recast the role to co-star with... well you know! ;op

    ReplyDelete
  11. EWBL:
    No, no Bob Evans but we can always buy his sausages in the grocery store. mmmmm
    This lady that hit on Andy has to be in her early 50s and she does it with such humor that it cracks me up! She said to me, "I just told your husband that if he were a saint I'd light a candle for him! I can't even behave in church!" ANDY BLUSHED!

    ReplyDelete
  12. STM:
    Thank you! :o)

    Esmeralda said you'd be happy cuz you've trying to talk her into going back to Au' naturale.

    NCS:
    Thank you! ;o)
    Yeah, they're these orange flags with magnets that you stick on the roof of your car.

    ReplyDelete

Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies.