Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why do people always look at me weird when they listen to my side of a phone conversation??

Me [to Andy]: It's a big piece of meat.

I listen to what Andy is saying.

Me: You'll recognize it when you see it. It's HUGE.

I listen some more

Me [I gesture with fingers and hands as if he can see me]: It's thick. About an inch, inch and a half. Probably about a foot long, maybe a little shorter.

Listen, listen, listen.

Me: Well, compare them. Which one is bigger?

I nod as I listen.

Me: Yup! That's the one I want! Now put it on the stove. Thanks!

I turn to see Margara staring at me and shaking her head as if she was trying to make sense of what she was hearing.

meateater

In the end, Andy chose the wrong piece of meat. I wanted this one:

 meat2 8 pounds

But he actually thawed the short and stubby one:

meat 3.5 pounds

That man needs constant supervision!

7 comments:

  1. I got goosebumps just reading this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smaller portions. That's a good thing.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since the days of cavemen hunting and cavewomen cooking, the man's involvement has ended as soon as the meat stops moving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have thought you were totally making sexual innuendos had I over heard that conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm not a bit meat eater, so probably would have been just like Andy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh POO, my comment disappeared because some how I am logged out of the stupid comment identity.

    Don't fuck with my meat. That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies.