Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Picking a movie to celebrate wedded bliss is serious business.

So, this coming Friday, April 16th, is the anniversary of my marriage to one Andy Husband.

We are planning on having a whole weekend celebration where we will go to dinner and a movie AT NIGHT TIME. With all the young folk! We were undecided as to what to see because, it being our anniversary, we wanted it to be something we both wanted to watch. The movie should have a hint of romance too, I guess?

These were our choices:

Death at a Funeral (the American version)-

Starring Chris Rock and that dude from Martin.

The movie looks wildly entertaining but the down side is that, while there is eye candy for men, I have never been attracted to Chris Rock and Martin makes me pukey so there would be no eye candy for *me*.

Kick Ass- Kick-Ass

A comic book movie. Need I say more? Okay.

I am not a fan of comics but my Andy is so this would be totally one sided. And did Nicolas Cage ever get his face back after Faceoff or did he just keep the mask they used in the movie?

Date Night-

With Tina Fey and Steve Carrell. Two of the funniest people alive as far as I'm concerned.

On paper, it looks like the perfect movie. A husband and wife trying to rekindle some feeling, love maybe?, and hijinks ensue. The only problem with this movie is that it's also scary. I mean, it's about a married couple that rarely ventures out into the late night and all they want to do is have a nice evening. Maybe have some wine and play a little footsie under the table but instead, THEY ARE CHASED BY BAD GUYS! Yes, there is a flash of Mark Wahlberg's abs which would make it a pro but they also show his face so that would be a con. Anyway, I'm afraid this movie will knock our new found confidence of walking into the dark without our fluorescent headbands back on its ass where we will land on our sofa thanking the lord we don't have to go out again until next year.

and last but not least,

Clash of Titans-

 
Staring some very good looking people. So this movie has something for mehttp://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Clash-of-the-Titans-Photo-2.jpg

and something for Andyhttp://moviecultists.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/clash-of-the-titans-medusa-face.jpg.

It has romance and fight scenes and hot guys and hot girls and it's a remake of one of my favorite movies of all time. Sure, the old movie is totally dated and the special effects look like something you can find in the driveway after it rains but the story is one I wouldn't mind seeing again.

Did I mention:  http://dietrichthrall.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/clash-of-the-titans-remake.jpg

And that is how we made our decision. Solely based on the attractiveness of the actors.

On Saturday, Andy will be cooking me a special Thai dinner which he has been researching for a few weeks now. We've searched high and low to find such ingredients as Tamarind sauce, Curry leaves and Koala feet. He's also making a special spiced wine pear desert that has me drooling.

When I was telling my mom about the dinner and kinda hinting that the dinner was only for 2 so her and my brother Rick were going to have to fend for themselves on Saturday (because we all usually eat together), she had some suggestions for Andy.

Mom: Tell him to light some candles for you so that it will be more romantic.

I translate her suggestion to Andy.

Andy: Well I was but now it'll be weird because your mom suggested it.

Mom: Tell him to put a heart made out of rose petals on the bed.

Me: MOM!

Mom [hides her face in her hands while giggling uncontrollably]: Hee hee hee! And then tell him to make a path of rose petals leading to the bed! Hee hee hee!

Translate to Andy.

Andy: BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Me: [dying of mortification inside]

Some of you may have open discussions about your love life with your parents but our motto has always been "Ewww shut up!" and it has worked for us so far but lately my mom has become less shy around us. And it may all be fine and good for the rest of my shameless siblings but I prefer to, oh I don't know, slam my head on a concrete bench?

Besides, my wifely duties are nobody's business but mine. And maybe Andy's.

I just shivered from the heebie jeebies again!

P.S.

Phone conversation with Andy about previous post about Starved Rock and the Hoochie Big Boobed Whore: [whoooore[5].jpg]

Andy: Wow! You really hated having that woman sitting there, huh?

Me: Who? The whore? Not at all babe, I was just exaggerating.

Andy: And by the way, the soda machines was in the opposite direction.

Me: Good because if I would have seen you walking towards Hoochie Big Boobs, I would have tackled your ass. Only maybe not because then you would have landed on her boobs.

Andy: ::dreamy sigh:: Ahh! A soft spot to land.

Me: Here is my advice to you, when you see me, RUN AND HIDE!

7 comments:

  1. Um, excuse me.

    Koala Feet?

    That's gross.

    Anyone who knows anything about cooking knows you decapitate it to make Fromunder Head Cheese.

    Sorry. I've been drinking. I blame the taxes and the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still tryin to decipher which movie you saw...please blame it on lack of sleep on my part my dads sick...i am trying to keep up...however I am pretty sure which movie i do NOT want my daughter and her BF seeing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekend long celebration huh? I can have my mom stay with us starting Friday night if you'd like. This way you can have 2/3 of the whole house all to yourselves! :::wink:::wink:::

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst thing my parents ever did to us was to decorate our bed with stuffed bears in the missionary position while we were on our honeymoon.

    This is from a mom who never wanted to mention s-e-x.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gawwwwd I'm gagging at what ref geek just said

    ewwwwwwwwwwww


    my mom never even suspected me of ever having sex until I got pregnant (after nine years of marrige mind you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, i'm so with you on the movie choices. i think 300 was one of our movie dates for valentine's day hahahhah!

    and yeah, SO not down with the oversharing and invasive ewwwness of the mom. NOT. COOL. *shiver*

    ReplyDelete

Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies.