Thursday, November 12, 2009

How does a girl spend her 37th birthday? Glad you asked!

I woke up bleary eyed and stumbling, as per usual, and received my birthday hug from my Andy along with a beautiful card full of words of love and shmoopiness.

Who has 2 thumbs and is blessed to have a great man? [thumbs pointing at myself] This girl!

I then went to the mirror to yawn and admire my beauty before I showered and that's when I noticed— Have any of you experienced that eerie feeling of dread when you're brushing your teeth and you're afraid of looking in the mirror because it may not be your face looking back at you but that of a sinister being with shiny red eyes and sharp teeth? Well that's what happened to me on my birthday!

red eye (why couldn't this have happened on Halloween?? I would have had a ton of fun scaring the little people!)

It seems I'm allergic to the new eyeliner I bought and neglected to remove before going to bed last night. I remember my thought was "meh. I'm all cozy in bed, what harm can it do?" well, it can make your eyes blood red and give the appearance of pink eye, that's what!

I had to go the whole day of my birthday responding to the "Oh, you have pink eye!" comment everybody was making.

"No, I do not have pink eye you sick bitches! I'm allergic to my new eyeliner" and then they would look at me out of the corner of their eye as they made
their way out of my *pink eye infested* space.

It is a serious insult to ask someone if they have pink eye. I'd rather people ask me if I know how to speak Mexican (you'd be surprised how many times I have
to respond with "do you know how to speak Unitedstatesofamerican?").

Terrifying eyes aside, I did enjoy the day. After I removed the sheet of ice from my car.

cell 11.11.09 007 

Which brings me to another question, how did Alex from Madagascar get in my car?

cell 11.11.09 008

I haven't chauffeured a munchkin in years!

Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday on the blogus, facebook, email, text message, phone call, via card and in person. You guys rock! Almost as much as I do.

cell 11.11.09 010 cell 11.11.09 012 cell 11.11.09 014

 

Stay tuned on Friday for my interview with Robert Kroese, Author of Mercury Falls, dude behind Mattress Police and Humor Blogs.

I will ask hard hitting questions like, "If you were a chair, what kind of chair would you be... and why?" serious stuff right there!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. I suppose there's no point in asking whether you have any of that cake left over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy with my little red eye...Ohhh yummm, the cake looks delicious.

    Sorry about the eye but I'm happy you had a good birthday in spite of it. I'm looking forward to reading your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nom, nom. Brainz....er.....cake!

    Sorry about the eyeliner. Too bad wearing shades all day wasn't an option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have munchkins and I didn't know the lion from Madagascar was named Alex!

    Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, it was your birthday and I missed it. Damn!

    Oh, well, happy belated. You are the bee's knees (whatever that means). Look forward to the interview with Rob (it's not like the guy hasn't been pimping out his book enough ;).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday you! Now go and get drunk

    ReplyDelete
  7. how do you say 'pink eye' in mexican?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday. You should have punched everyone that made a pink eye comment. On your birthday it is your right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to read that you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete

Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies.